Take Care of Your Car Maintenance Checklist Near Louisville
To receive high-quality car maintenance near Louisville that you can count on, bring your vehicle to the Fisher Auto service center found right here in Boulder! We provide regular maintenance, comprehensive repairs, and replacement OEM components for all vehicle makes and models. Your automotive investment is very important to us, which is why you should stay on top of a regular maintenance schedule. This allows your vehicle to last as long as possible and keeps it from needing expensive repairs!
Follow Your Routine Car Maintenance Schedule to Save Money in the Long Run
Routine maintenance is vital to the overall well-being of any vehicle. Not only will sticking to a stringent maintenance schedule keep you from requiring costly services, it can help prevent or reduce the chances of an accident. We recommend receiving professional maintenance, and here at the Fisher Auto service center, our factory-trained, certified technicians are well-versed in performing a variety of preventative maintenance procedures at their respective intervals.
5,000 to 10,000-Mile Car Maintenance Checklist
- Change Your Oil and Oil Filter: Your vehicle’s oil and oil filter are very important to the optimal function of your engine. Old oil and a clogged oil filter can cause a decline in performance, so be sure to check your owner’s manual for when they should be changed.
- Inspect Your Hoses: Hoses should be thoroughly checked during every oil change. A cracked or leaking hose with visible damage should be replaced immediately.
- Check the Lighting System: It is very important to see and be seen on the road. If you notice that your headlights are dimming or your signals are blinking rapidly, have your lighting system inspected by one of our professionals.
- Rotate Your Tires: For an even tread-wear on all four tires, make sure to have your tires rotated during every oil change as well.
- Other: You should also inspect your windshield wipers, your fluid levels, and the air pressure in your tires.
15,000-Mile Car Maintenance Checklist
- Change Your Windshield Wipers: If you notice that your wipers are not effectively clearing your windshield during snow, rain, or other poor-visibility conditions, change your wipers as soon as possible.
- Replace Your Transmission Fluid: Transmission fluid keeps all moving components properly lubricated to prevent overheating. In order to ensure a long-lasting transmission, have your transmission fluid flushed every 15,000 miles or sooner if you commute on a daily basis.
- Replace Your Fuel Filter: Designed to keep contaminants out of your engine, the fuel filter can become clogged over time. To keep your vehicle performing at its best, have your fuel filter changed at the proper milestone according to your owner’s manual by one of our technicians.
- Other: It is also essential to replace your air filter, PCV valve, and to check your battery and battery cables.
30,000-Mile Car Maintenance Checklist
- Replace Your Differential Fluid: Vehicles that operate with rear-wheel, four-wheel, or all-wheel drive typically use differential fluid to lubricate the differential itself. Make sure to have it replaced every 30-50,000 miles.
- Replace Your Transfer Case Fluid: If your car uses full-time four-wheel or all-wheel drive, chances are that your transfer case fluid is used quite a bit to keep heat build-up to a minimum. Have it changed every 2 years or 25-30,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Replace Your Brake Pads: In order to maintain ideal stopping power, your brake pads should be replaced 20-60,000 miles depending upon how you drive. For example, frequent stop-and-go traffic might require pad replacement sooner rather than later.
- Have an Antifreeze/Coolant Flush in Your Radiator: To prevent internal damage to your engine from overheating, check your owner’s manual to see when your antifreeze or coolant should be flushed and replaced.
Visit Fisher Auto For Your Entire Car Maintenance Schedule!
For professional car maintenance near Louisville that you can depend on, choose Fisher Auto, your local Boulder service center! We’re open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. No appointments are necessary, but you can request service online, or feel free to contact us at (303) 254-6414 to arrange an appointment.