Honda Pilot Tires: Sizes, All-Season and Winter Tires
The lifespan of your Honda Pilot tires will vary depending on how you drive and whether you are driving on summer, all-season, or winter tires, according to Kicking Tires. Driving with your Pilot out of alignment will shorten the tires’ lifespan as well as driving on under-inflated tires. Kicking Tires estimates the life of a tire to be anywhere between 20,000 and 50,000 miles, however there is no set interval for when your Honda Pilot tires will need to be replaced. Check out this list of potential replacement tires for your Honda Pilot.
Sizes for Honda Pilot Tires
Tire sizes vary between Pilot trim levels and Honda advises sticking to the Pilot’s original tire size. “Honda vehicles meet all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards when they are originally distributed, and modification could affect the safety and/or operation of the vehicle, as well as remove it from compliance with specifications and standards mandated by the Federal Government,” according to Honda.
2016 Honda Pilot
- LX 245/60 R18 105H
- EX 245/60 R18 105H
- EX-L 245/60 R18 105H
- Touring 245/50 R20 102H
- Elite 245/50 R20 102H
Honda Pilot Tires
The original equipment tires that Honda uses can come from any of eight dealers. These dealers include: Continental, Firestone, General Tire, Goodyear, Bridgestone, Yokohama, Dunlop, or Michelin.
- Yokohama’s YK580 tire has adaptive 3-D sipes that help with traction in wet conditions. Ride noise is lessened due to tread block bridges and a multi-pitch tread design. The optimized tread profile improves rolling resistance, which provides better fuel economy.
- Firestone’s Destination LE tire provides a quiet, comfortable ride. Circumferential grooves, zigzag sipes, and sweeping slots help with performance in wet conditions. Continuous closed shoulder blocks help with performance in dry conditions.
- The General Tire Grabber HTS tire is designed for SUVs. The tire has a silica tread compound that provides excellent handling, braking, and traction in wet and dry conditions. V-shaped directional tread with grooves helps move water from the tread and increases control in wet conditions.
- Bridgestone’s Dueler H/L 400 tire improves fuel efficiency and provides a quiet, comfortable ride. A rounded casing profile helps with ride comfort and a spiral wrap improves high speed driving.
- The Goodyear Assurance TripleTred All-Season provides a comfortable ride thanks to a special layer that rests between the tread and belts. This tire only fits the LX, EX, and EX-L trim levels.
- Michelin’s Defender LTX M/S tire offers a quiet, comfortable ride due to Michelin Comfort Control technology. MaxTouch Construction improves the tire’s contact with the road thus increasing grip during acceleration, cornering, and braking. Biting edges help with grip in wet conditions. This tire only fits the LX, EX, and EX-L trim levels.
Even though all-season tires can handle wet conditions, winter tires have better handling and traction on snowy roads. These tires also perform better at temperatures below 45 degrees.
- The Yokohama iceGUARD iG51v tire is made of a high-density, reinforced compound that optimizes road contact. Stability and grip on the ice is increased due to interlocking and adaptive 3-D sipes. Improved traction in the snow is achieved with a dual action shoulder groove.
- The Continental WinterContact SI tire is designed to handle severe snow, ice, and winter conditions. An asymmetrical tread design provides excellent traction and handling.
- Bridgestone’s Blizzak DM-V2 tire performs well in snow and ice due to an RC polymer. A center multi-Z pattern improves traction in snow and ice. Performance in dry conditions is improved with 3-D sipes.
- The Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT tire has strong shoulder blocks that improve handling and the directional tread pattern helps with traction in the snow. Wide tread grooves push snow and slush away from the tire’s tread. This tire only fits the LX, EX, and EX-L trim levels.
- The Dunlop Grandtrek SJ6 tire has a glass fiber-reinforced tread that provides excellent grip on ice. Optimized groove distribution helps provide a quiet ride. Traction and braking in snowy conditions is improved with the help of zigzag grooves in the center of the tire. This tire only fits the LX, EX, and EX-L trim levels.
Call Fisher Auto in Boulder, Colo., at 303-245-6414 with your questions about Honda Pilot tires. There is a good selection of Honda Pilot tires and we can help you narrow down your search to fit your specific driving needs. We install tires as well as swap summer/winter tires. The summer/winter tire swap is $60. If the tires were purchased at Fisher Auto the tire swap and rotation services are free!