Car Maintenance Near Denver
Fisher Service is Your One-Stop Shop for Car Maintenance Near Denver
If you’re looking for a reliable, state-of-the-art facility capable of performing your vehicle’s routine maintenance and essential repairs, look no further than Fisher Service in Boulder. If you’re in need of first-rate car maintenance near Denver, we have just what you need.
The Importance of Routine Maintenance
Routine maintenance is essential to keeping your vehicle in top form. As you drive, parts will wear down, and if not properly maintained, wear out. Keeping to your vehicle’s maintenance schedule will ensure that a simple repair or part replacement doesn’t turn into a catastrophic failure that leaves you stranded on the side of the road.
We’ve compiled a general maintenance checklist to keep Denver vehicles running as they should. Check with your owner’s manual to verify the appropriate routine car maintenance schedule for your vehicle.
5,000 – 10,000 – Mile Service Checklist
Engine Oil and Filter Change – Newer vehicles require oil and filter changes every 5,000 to 10,000 miles – sooner if they see a lot of stop and go traffic. Keeping your vehicle’s engine well lubricated will prevent serious friction damage to delicate internal parts in the future.
- Wheels and Tires – Tires should be checked for adequate tread and proper inflation to ensure that performance and handling remain consistent. Underinflated tires can affect driving and fuel economy. Wheels should also be checked for balance and to verify that the lug nuts remain tightly fastened.
- Fluid Check – Coolants and lubricants keep your vehicle running smoothly and provide necessary cooling and cleaning functions. Keeping them at the recommended levels will keep your vehicle running as it should and prevent overheating.
- Air Filtration – The engine air filter is essential for keeping dirt and debris from finding its way into your engine and causing excessive friction and parts failure. Replacing the air filter is a simple, inexpensive task that will increase the life and functionality of your vehicle.
15,000 – Mile Service Checklist
- Battery Inspection – Your vehicle’s battery should last 4 or more years, but annual inspections and cleanings are a good idea to improve function and life of the battery.
- Windshield Wiper Blades – Windshield wipers are often overlooked until something goes terribly wrong – such as being unable to see in a snowstorm. Wiper blades should be changed every six to twelve months to ensure proper visibility and to keep drivers and passengers safe.
- Fuel System – Fuel lines should be checked for leakage, and the fuel filter should be inspected frequently. Vehicles with carbureted engines should have their fuel filter replaced every year, or when the filter shows signs of damage or the presence of water. Fuel injected engines should have their fuel filters changed every 2 years or 24,000 miles.
- Brake Inspection – Brakes are one of your vehicle’s most essential safety systems and should be checked regularly for signs of damage or uneven wear. If you notice that your brakes have begun to squeal or just aren’t functioning as well as they should, it could be time for a change.
30,000 – Mile Service Checklist
- Timing Belt – Your timing belt is a simple piece of equipment with a very big job – to keep your engine running in proper time. A stretched or worn timing belt could cause engine slippage, affecting the rate of internal combustion and preventing the cylinders from firing properly.
- Transmission – Your transmission is a delicate balance of hundreds of parts working in unison to keep your vehicle operating at the proper speed. Having it checked regularly – including fluid changes – will keep it from overheating and failing just when you need it most.
- Spark Plugs and Wires – Spark plugs and wires do the very essential job of delivering spark to the engine, facilitating the internal combustion process that moves the pistons and gets you going. Hard driving, bad fuel, or a number of other issues can cause the plugs to fail, affecting this process. Regular maintenance or replacement can ensure your vehicle continues to run strong.
- Chassis Lubrication – Steering and suspension components in newer vehicles are often sealed and don’t require additional lubrication. On older vehicles and vehicles with replacement components, however, periodic lubrication may be necessary to ensure proper function.
Come to Fisher Service for all Your Car Maintenance Needs
Stop by Fisher Service at 6025 Arapahoe Rd. in Boulder for all of your vehicle’s routine car maintenance needs near Denver. Schedule your appointment online or by phone at (303) 245-6414 today and see what the skilled service professionals at Fisher Service can do for you.